Monday, March 29, 2010

Ceramics 1/2 Assignment #2- Week #2: A big puzzle with millions of pieces.

The Empty Bowls project is a national project and this is your chance to be a part of the solution. Pick one of the statements below to comment on:
1. In your opinion, what is a students role to support charities?
2. Is aiding charities a responsibility for a young adult or only for adults who benefit by receiving tax breaks for their charitiable contributions?
3. How old should students begin helping with charitable efforts?
4. What are some other ways besides Empty Bowls that you have personally helped a charitable organization?

Post your comments to the blog and respond to any posts you read.

4 comments:

  1. The P'Dub Empty Bowls project is honored to welcome the addition of the original Empty Bowls project creator John Hartom who will blog with the students weekly for the length of the project. Thanks in advance to Mr. Hartom for his vision in creating this wonderful project and also for joining us on our journey to helping the hungry in our part of the world!
    Check out the links to learn more about Mr. Hartom and the Empty Bowls project across the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to the third question, I believe that charity & the essence of volunteering should be instilled in children at a very young age. I have been doing charity ever since I can remember. My family has a non-profit organization & I couldn't see myself not being involved in helping others. Even small children can participate and play a small part in charity. These small efforts will become a part of this child & grow into bigger efforts as the child grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviousy a family is key to easing the pain of others. I commend you and your family for establishing a non-profit organization. The work must be for a good cause and if you felt it appropriate you certainly could share that organization or website with everyone.
    When I read your post I keep thinking of the saying"A trees fruit does not fall far from the tree from which it grew."

    ReplyDelete
  4. i believe that people should start as young as they possibly can because when i was younger i would see those commercials of starving children and i would give my mom money from my piggy bank to send everytime i saw the commercials even though i didnt quite understand why they were like that I just thought they looked very sad and I didnt like seeing people sad. I dont know why it would be a problem or even a topic of discussion when or why u would give to charity because i feel that it is very easy to take your last dollar and give it to someone else in need of it more

    ReplyDelete

All comments MUST be signed at end of comment: